Speak With a Member Services Representative
We understand some KelseyCare Advantage members are eager to get the COVID-19 vaccine.
Key facts to know:
- The vaccine is FREE to Medicare Advantage members.
- The Federal Government is responsible for paying for the vaccine serum.
- KelseyCare Advantage covers the cost of administering the vaccine.
- KelseyCare Advantage does not control which providers receive allocations of the vaccine or when.
Starting Monday, March 29th, 2021, all adults will be eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
All KelseyCare Advantage members have been accounted for to the Texas Department of Health Services as part of their planning for allocation and distribution of the vaccine. Kelsey-Seybold Clinic will communicate with you when they are ready to schedule your COVID-19 vaccine.
KelseyCare Advantage and Kelsey-Seybold Clinic are committed to your health and well-being. We want you to have the vaccine as soon as possible and will let you know as soon as we are ready to schedule your appointment. Until then, we ask for your patience and understanding.
If you are interested in getting the vaccine outside of Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, you can check the Texas COVID Vaccine Availability website.
What Members Need to Know
Take Precautions During the Public Emergency
- Beware of scammers who are offering COVID-19 screening tests to Medicare patients in exchange for personal details via social media, telemarketing calls, and even door to door. Don’t give your personal or medical information to anyone. If you do need COVID-19 screening, please contact your Kelsey-Seybold provider.
- Beware of a reported phishing scam related to COVID-19 that involves a supposed health plan reaching out to Medicare members via email to thank them for enrolling in coronavirus coverage. The email includes a link for the member to make a payment for coverage. This is a fraud. There’s no such thing as coronavirus coverage and you should never submit your payment information to an unknown source.
- If you suspect COVID-19 fraud, contact the National Center for Disaster Fraud Hotline at 866-720-5721 or email@example.com.
Virtual Addiction Counseling Resources
For those dealing with addiction, there are virtual resources available if in-person meetings aren’t available due to social distancing.