Get Ready For a Healthier Year with SilverSneakers®
Your health is our top priority at KelseyCare Advantage. That’s why we offer SilverSneakers® as your fitness benefit. With SilverSneakers, you can get active and stay healthy in the ways that work best for you. You can take live virtual classes at home, view workout videos, exercise with smaller groups in your area or go to the gym1. It’s all included at no additional cost to you.
SilverSneakers also gives you valuable health and wellness information, like the following tips on setting and reaching goals. Here are three simple steps to start and keep going with a healthy activity habit.2
- Change the way you set goals. Specifically, start with smaller goals. Does 150 minutes of activity a week sound like a lot? It’s only 30 minutes a day for 5 weekdays – or however you choose to split it up.
- Find an activity you truly enjoy. You’re far more likely to stick with exercising if you’re doing something you like.
- Hold yourself accountable or find someone else who will. Work out with a friend. It’s more fun, and you won’t want to let your workout buddy down. Attending SilverSneakers fitness classes is also a great option.
Be sure your goals are SMART: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Time-bound.3
- Specific and Measurable. Know exactly what you will do and how you will check your success along the way. “Get in shape” is not specific enough. Instead, you might say, “Walk 20 to 30 minutes a day.” This is specific and easy to measure – you either did it or not.
- Attainable. Be realistic and don’t set the goal too high. For example, rather than saying you’re giving up soda, say “I’ll drink a glass of water with each meal.” Then each time you do that, you’ll feel closer to your goal of giving up soda.
- Relevant. Make sure it’s important to you. Why do you want to reach this goal? List the positive things that might happen once you reach the goal. Use those positive outcomes as your motivation.
- Time-bound. Simply give yourself a deadline. And think in smaller, timely goals. If you want to run a 10K this year, start by saying you’ll run a mile in January. Then aim for two miles in February and continue adding monthly.
Get a jump on reaching your goals this year with SilverSneakers. Create your online account at SilverSneakers.com/StartHere to get your SilverSneakers ID number and unlock access to everything that’s included.
- SilverSneakers LIVE™ virtual classes and workshops
- SilverSneakers Community classes, both in-person and virtual, offered locally
- SilverSneakers On-Demand™ videos available 24/7
- The SilverSneakers GO™ mobile app
- Access to thousands of participating locations with equipment, pools and other amenities1
- Group exercise classes4 for all levels at select participating locations
Always Talk with Your Doctor Before Starting an Exercise Program.
- Participating locations (“PL”) are not owned or operated by Tivity Health, Inc. or its affiliates. Use of PL facilities and amenities is limited to terms and conditions of PL basic membership. Facilities and amenities vary by PL.
- Membership includes SilverSneakers instructor-led group fitness classes. Some locations offer members additional classes. Classes vary by location.
SilverSneakers is a registered trademark of Tivity Health, Inc. SilverSneakers LIVE, SilverSneakers On-Demand and SilverSneakers GO are trademarks of Tivity Health, Inc. © 2022 Tivity Health, Inc. All rights reserved. SSFP2558_1121