Call to Speak with an Enrollment Specialist
Original Medicare vs. Medicare Advantage Plans
While Original Medicare plans only cover hospitalization (Part A) and outpatient services like doctor visits (Part B), Medicare Advantage plans, which are offered by private insurers like KelseyCare Advantage, combine Part A and B in addition to other services not covered by Medicare. Medicare Advantage plans typically cover:
- Hospital/emergency expenses
- Routine medical visits
- Prescription drugs
- Vision and hearing care
- Health and fitness programs
Additionally, Medicare Advantage plans are required to set a maximum out-of-pocket amount, which means once that limit is reached, you’ll pay nothing for additional covered medical services for the rest of the year.
Important Points to Keep in Mind
There are some factors to take into consideration when it comes to deciding whether a Medicare Advantage plan is right for you:
- Most plans, like ours, have specific provider networks, which means you will receive most of your care from in-network physicians, hospitals, and other providers (except for emergency/urgent care or essential dialysis). With KelseyCare Advantage, you have access to Kelsey-Seybold Clinic’s premier multispecialty physician group and other contracted providers.
You are eligible for membership in our plan as long as:
- You have both Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B
- You live in our geographic service area
- and you are a United States citizen or are lawfully present in the United States
Now that you know why a Medicare Advantage plan may be your best choice, you can compare KelseyCare Advantage plans and see if you qualify.
Always at Your Service
Whether you're choosing a Medicare plan for the first time, looking to make a change, or helping someone else evaluate their Medicare options, we're here to help!